Beef and Chili Casserole
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 pound(s) ground beef
- 1/2 cup(s) onion chopped
- 1/4 cup(s) bell peppers diced
- 1 can(s) tomato sauce
- 2 teaspoon(s) chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) garlic salt
- 1 can(s) refrigerator buttermilk biscuits
- 1-1/2 cup(s) grated cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup(s) sour cream
- 1 egg slightly beaten
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. In a large nonstick skillet, brown the ground beef with the onion and green pepper. Drain off any excess fat. Stir in the tomato sauce, chili powder, and garlic salt. Let simmer.
- Separate the biscuit dough into 10 biscuits; split each in half. Press 10 biscuit halves over the bottom of an ungreased 8-inch or 9-inch square baking pan. In a bowl, mix 1/2 cup of the cheese with the sour cream and egg.
- Remove the meat mixture from the heat and stir in the sour cream mixture. Spoon over the biscuit dough. Arrange the remaining biscuit halves on top. Sprinkle with the remaining 1 cup of cheese. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until golden brown.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by rhodagrumm and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note