Beef and Chile Tacos
Community Recipe from
- 1 bulb(s) Anaheim Chile
- 1 tablespoon(s) Vegetable oil
- 1 pound(s) lean ground beef
- 1 bulb(s) small onion finely chopped
- 1 pinch(s) salt and pepper
- 1 clove(s) garlic finely chopped
- 12 piece(s) flour tortillas
- 4 ounce(s) Mexican blend cheese Shredded
- 1/2 cup(s) salsa
- Position a rack six inches from the broiler, preheat to high. Broil chile on a rimmed baking sheet, turning as skin blisters, about ten minutes. Place chile in a large ziplock bag, seal and let sit for ten minutes.
- Remove chile from bag and rub with a paper towel to remove skin. Slice in half and remove top and seeds. Finely chop chile.
- Warm two tsp of oil in a large nonstick pan over medium heat/ Cook beef, stirring, until no pink remains, about 6 minutes. Remove meat to a bowl and drain all but 1 tsp of fat from pan.
- Pour remianing 1 tsp of oil into pan. Add onion and chile. Season with salt and pepper, then cook over medium low heat until onion is translucent, about six minutes. Mix in garlic, saute one minute, and add beef back into pan. Season with salt and pepper. Saute until hot, about two minutes.
- Wrap tortillas in a wet paper towel and microwave until soft, 15 to 30 seconds. Fill tortillas with meat mixture; serve with cheese and salsa,
This recipe is a personal recipe added by RandyHood and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Beef and Chile Tacos Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes
More Recipes for Main Dishes