Very good. Pretty easy too. I made half the recipe and I forgot to do the boiling of the marinade and I think that would have added some good flavor. We served with refried beans, and added sliced avocado to the tortillas.
Beef-and-Chicken Fajitas with Peppers and Onions
Save a little money and skip the Mexican restaurant in favor of a homemade meal. The meat and vegetables for these colorful fajita wraps are marinated in a zesty mixture of lime, garlic, and other seasonings, giving them a flavor that's out of this world.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 407
- Calories from fat: 31%
- Fat: 14.2g
- Saturated fat: 4.3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 7.1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.4g
- Protein: 31.1g
- Carbohydrate: 40.6g
- Fiber: 5.3g
- Cholesterol: 64mg
- Iron: 3.9mg
- Sodium: 841mg
- Calcium: 79mg
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon grated lime rind
- 2 1/2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (14.25-ounce) can low-salt beef broth
- 1 (1-pound) flank steak
- 1 pound skinned, boned chicken breast
- 2 red bell peppers, each cut into 12 wedges
- 2 green bell peppers, each cut into 12 wedges
- 1 large Vidalia or other sweet onion, cut into 16 wedges
- Cooking spray
- 16 (6-inch) fat-free flour tortillas
- 1 cup bottled salsa
- 1/4 cup low-fat sour cream
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Fresh cilantro sprigs
- To prepare marinade, combine first 10 ingredients in a large bowl; set aside.
- To prepare fajitas, trim fat from steak. Score a diamond pattern on both sides of the steak. Combine 1 1/2 cups marinade, steak, and chicken in a large zip-top plastic bag. Seal and marinate in refrigerator 4 hours or overnight, turning occasionally. Combine remaining marinade, bell peppers, and onion in a zip-top plastic bag. Seal and marinate in refrigerator for 4 hours or overnight, turning occasionally.
- Prepare grill.
- Remove steak and chicken from bag; discard marinade. Remove vegetables from bag; reserve marinade. Place reserved marinade in a small saucepan; set aside. Place steak, chicken, and vegetables on grill rack coated with cooking spray; cook 8 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness.
- Wrap tortillas tightly in foil; place tortilla packet on grill rack the last 2 minutes of grilling time. Bring reserved marinade to a boil. Cut steak and chicken diagonally across the grain into thin slices. Place the steak, chicken, and vegetables on a serving platter; drizzle with reserved marinade.
- Arrange about 1 ounce steak, about 1 ounce chicken, 3 bell pepper wedges, and 1 onion wedge in a tortilla; top with 1 tablespoon salsa, about 1 teaspoon sour cream, and 1/2 tablespoon cilantro. Fold sides of tortilla over filling. Garnish with cilantro sprigs, if desired. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note