This was so good! Even my 4 year old liked it. I admit that I did some altering: I used half shredded mozzarella/half cheddar cheese; instead of salt and pepper I used 3/4 teaspoon of Cajun seasoning; and I added a couple handfuls of squeezed-dry cooked spinach from a frozen box. I would liken this to a cheeseburger dish without the condiments. It hit the spot!
Beef and Cheddar Quiche
This quiche is easy to prepare and perfect for a busy schedule. The recipe can also be made with salmon - substituting two cans for the ground beef and adding 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice. Recipe published in Country Extra May 1996.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 3/4 pound(s) ground beef
- 1 9-inch unbaked pastry shell
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup(s) mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup(s) milk
- 1/2 cup(s) chopped onion
- 4 teaspoon(s) cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) pepper
- 2 cup(s) (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- • In a large skillet, cook the beef over medium heat until no longer pink. Meanwhile, line unpricked pastry shell with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Bake at 450° for 5 minutes. Remove foil; bake for 5 minutes more. Set aside.
- • Drain beef; place in a large bowl. Add the eggs, mayonnaise, milk, onion, cornstarch, salt, pepper and 1 cup cheese. Pour into crust. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
- • If necessary, cover the edges of crust with foil to prevent overbrowning. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Let stand 5-10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 6-8 servings.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note