Beef-and-Celery Root Stew
- 2 pounds beef stew meat, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 pounds celery root, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3 to 4 medium carrots, cut diagonally into 1-inch slices
- 2 medium onions, cut into 8 wedges
- 2 (10 1/2-ounce) cans beef consomme
- 1 cup dry red wine or water
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh Italian parsley
- Hot cooked rice
- Dredge beef in flour.
- Brown beef in hot oil in a Dutch oven; add celery root, next 5 ingredients, and 2 tablespoons parsley. Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat, and simmer 2 hours. Remove and discard bay leaves. Serve over hot cooked rice, and sprinkle with remaining 2 tablespoons parsley.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note