Very hearty soup. I had to substitute cannellini beans (white kidney beans) for the red kidney beans. It didn't alter the taste. I did add extra broth as we like a very brothy soup. Served with cornbread. I'll keep this recipe as a go to for those rainy and cold winter nights. Made leftovers for lunch the next day. Thanks for sharing your recipe with us.
Beef and Cabbage Stew
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 pound(s) ground beef
- 1/2 cup(s) chopped onion
- 2 16-ounce can(s) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 14 1/2-ounce can(s) beef broth
- 1 16-ounce can(s) crushed tomatoes
- 4 cup(s) chopped cabbage
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) dried marjoram
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) pepper
- In a Dutch oven, cook beef and onion until meat is browned and onion is tender; drain. In a small bowl, mash 1/4 cup beans with 1/4 cup beef broth. Add to Dutch oven with remaining beans and broth, tomatoes, cabbage and seasonings. Cover and simmer for 30 minutes or until the cabbage is tender. Yield: 6-8 servings.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note