Beef and Broccoli Salad
A quick-to-make, hearty salad, which works well as either a side or main dish. Sandra Rohrich: Yakima, Washington. Recipe published in Country Woman July/August 1995.
Chill: 1 Hour
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 pound(s) beef top sirloin steak
- 8 cup(s) fresh broccoli florets (about 1-1/2 pounds)
- 8 ounce(s) fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1/4 cup(s) canola or sesame oil
- 1/4 cup(s) white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup(s) soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon(s) honey
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 8-ounce can(s) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 1/2 tablespoon(s) sesame seeds, toasted
- • Broil steak until it reaches desired doneness. Cool. Thinly slice into bite-size pieces; set aside.
- • In a large skillet, stir-fry broccoli and mushrooms in oil for 3 minutes or until crisp-tender. Transfer to a large bowl.
- • Whisk the vinegar, soy sauce, honey and garlic. Pour over vegetables. Stir in the beef and water chestnuts; chill for at least 1 hour. Sprinkle with sesame seeds just before serving. Yield: 6-8 servings.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note