Beef and Broccoli
Loaded with the flavors you crave, but packed with enough broccoli and lean flank steak to make it nutritious, this is a great meal for any night of the week. Gluten-free tamari is a delicious stand-in for the soy sauce.
More From Oxmoor House
Total: 50 Minutes
- Calories: 291
- Calories from fat: 0.0%
- Fat: 7.6g
- Saturated fat: 2.2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.9g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.4g
- Protein: 21.5g
- Carbohydrate: 32.6g
- Fiber: 4g
- Cholesterol: 25mg
- Iron: 2.3mg
- Sodium: 378mg
- Calcium: 69mg
- 1 (1-pound) flank steak
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons lower-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sherry
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons sambal oelek (chile paste with garlic)
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon minced peeled fresh ginger
- 1 1/2 cups vertically sliced onion
- 1 (12-ounce) package broccoli florets
- 3 cups hot cooked brown rice
- 1. Freeze steak 30 minutes. Cut steak across grain into 1/4-inch-thick strips.
- 2. Combine brown sugar and next 5 ingredients (through chile paste) in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk.
- 3. Place a wok or large frying pan over high heat until very hot. Drizzle oil around sides of wok to coat sides and bottom. When oil is very hot, but not smoking, add garlic; stir-fry 30 seconds or until golden. Remove garlic using slotted spoon; drain on paper towels. Add ginger, onion, and broccoli to pan; stir-fry 2 minutes. Add steak; stir-fry 2 minutes or just until no longer pink.
- 4. Stir in soy sauce mixture. Cook 1 minute or until sauce thickens, stirring constantly. Serve over rice. Top with garlic slices.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note