BEEF AND BEAN CHILI
This is a good, standard chili, with lots of ground beef, tomatoes, kidney and pinto beans, and onions. It needs to simmer for 90 minutes on the stove, or can be made in a slow cooker and left to simmer all day.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 pound(s) lean ground beef
- 1 can(s) tomato juice (46 oz)
- 1 can(s) tomato sauce (29 oz)
- 1 can(s) red kidney beans rinsed and drained
- 1 can(s) pinto beans rinsed and drained
- 1-1/2 cup(s) onion chopped
- 1/4 cup(s) green bell pepper chopped
- 1/8 ground red pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoon(s) ground cumin
- 1/4 cup(s) chili powder
- Place ground beef in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium-high heat until evenly brown. Drain and crumble.
- In a large pot over high heat combine the ground beef and remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low. Simmer for 90 minutes. (Note: If using a slow cooker, set on low, add ingredients and cook for 8 to 10 hours.)
- Serves 10
This recipe is a personal recipe added by naughtymax and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
BEEF AND BEAN CHILI Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Soups/Stews