Beef and Bean Chili
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1.5 pound(s) Stew Beef
- 1 1/2 teaspoon(s) Salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon(s) Black pepper
- Cooking spray
- 2 tablespoon(s) Canola Oil
- 4 cup(s) Onion Chopped
- 1 or 2 Jalapeno peppers Seeded and minced
- 1 Red bell pepper Seeded and minced
- 1 Green bell pepper Seeded and minced
- 10 clove(s) Garlic Minced
- 12 ounce(s) Beer
- 2 tablespoon(s) Paprika
- 2 tablespoon(s) Ground cumin
- 4 tablespoon(s) Tomato paste
- 4 cup(s) Beef broth
- 28 ounce(s) Diced tomatoes
- 60 ounce(s) Pinto beans Drained and rinsed
- 45 ounce(s) Black beans Drained and rinsed
- Coat a large skillet with cooking spray.
- Trim beef and cut into 1 inch pieces.
- Sprinkle beef evenly with 1 teaspoon salt and black pepper.
- Over medium high heat, add beef to pan; sauté 5 minutes, turning to brown on all sides. Remove from pan.
- Add oil to pan; swirl to coat.
- Add onion, red bell pepper, green bell pepper and jalapeño; sauté 8 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring occasionally.
- Add garlic; sauté 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Stir in beer, scraping pan to loosen browned bits; bring to a boil.
- Cook until liquid almost evaporates (about 10 minutes), stirring occasionally.
- Stir in paprika, cumin, and tomato paste; cook 1 minute, stirring frequently.
- Add mixture from pan, beef and remaining ingredients (Beef broth, Tomatoes, and Beans) into a large croc pot and cook for 3-4 hours on low.
- Stir in remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- Serve topped with diced avocado, chopped cilantro, sour cream
This recipe is a personal recipe added by eb1502 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note