Beef and Barley Soup
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 pound(s) lean beef stew meat
- 2 teaspoon(s) olive oil
- 1 1/2 cup(s) leek (2 medium) chopped
- 1 cup(s) carrot chopped
- 1 cup(s) celery chopped
- 3/4 cup(s) dry red wine
- 1 teaspoon(s) dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) black pepper
- 3 3/4 cup(s) low sodium beef broth
- 1 cube(s) pearl barley uncooked
- 1. Heat a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat; coat with cooking spray.
- Add half of the beef and cook 5 minutes or until browned, stirring occasionally. Remove beef and set aside. Repeat process with remaining beef.
- 2. Heat oil in pan over medium-high heat. Add leek, carrot and celery; saute 3 minutes or until tender. Return beef to pan add wine and next 5 ingredients. Bring to a boil, cover , reduce heat and simmer 1 hour.
- 3. Add barley, cover and simmer 30 minutes or until beef and barley are tender.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by reedcheryla and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note