Beef and Barley Soup
Community Recipe from
- 2 pound(s) lean beef stew meat
- 2 teaspoon(s) olive oil
- 1 1/2 cup(s) leek (2 medium) chopped
- 1 cup(s) carrot chopped
- 1 cup(s) celery chopped
- 3/4 cup(s) dry red wine
- 1 teaspoon(s) dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) black pepper
- 3 3/4 cup(s) low sodium beef broth
- 1 cube(s) pearl barley uncooked
- 1. Heat a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat; coat with cooking spray.
- Add half of the beef and cook 5 minutes or until browned, stirring occasionally. Remove beef and set aside. Repeat process with remaining beef.
- 2. Heat oil in pan over medium-high heat. Add leek, carrot and celery; saute 3 minutes or until tender. Return beef to pan add wine and next 5 ingredients. Bring to a boil, cover , reduce heat and simmer 1 hour.
- 3. Add barley, cover and simmer 30 minutes or until beef and barley are tender.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by reedcheryla and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes