Beef and Bacon Pizza
This meat-lover's pizza is equally pleasing as a family dinner or for a casual party. For the best flavor, shred and grate the cheeses yourself.
More From Oxmoor House
Total: 45 Minutes
- Calories: 268
- Fat: 7.2g
- Saturated fat: 3.1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.3g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.6g
- Protein: 17.5g
- Carbohydrate: 34.7g
- Fiber: 4.5g
- Cholesterol: 30mg
- Iron: 1.2mg
- Sodium: 498mg
- Calcium: 150mg
- 1 pound refrigerated fresh pizza dough
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 pound ground sirloin
- 1 1/4 cups sliced onion
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon yellow cornmeal
- 1/2 cup marinara sauce
- 1 cup (4 ounces) part-skim mozzarella cheese, shredded and divided
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- 4 center-cut bacon slices, cooked and crumbled
- 1. Place dough in a bowl coated with cooking spray. Let stand, covered, 30 minutes or until dough comes to room temperature.
- 2. Preheat oven to 450°.
- 3. Cook beef in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until browned; stir to crumble. Drain. Add onions to pan; sauté 6 minutes or until tender and beginning to brown. Add garlic; sauté 1 minute. Add beef, rosemary, and pepper to onion mixture.
- 4. Sprinkle cornmeal on a large baking sheet. Roll dough into a 12-inch circle; place on prepared baking sheet. Spread sauce over dough, leaving a 1/2-inch border. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese. Spread beef mixture over cheese. Top with remaining mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses. Sprinkle with bacon.
- 5. Bake at 450° for 15 minutes or until crust is golden. Cut pizza into 8 wedges. Serves 8 (serving size: 1 wedge)
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note