Beef and Asparagus Stir-Fry
- 1 pound(s) beef top round steak (3/4 inch thick)
- 2 tablespoon(s) cornstarch
- 2 tablespoon(s) plus 1/2 cup water, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) hot pepper sauce
- 3 tablespoon(s) canola oil, divided
- 2 cup(s) fresh asparagus pieces or fresh broccoli florets
- 1 cup(s) sliced cauliflower
- 1 small sweet red or green pepper, julienned
- 1 small onion, cut into 1/4-inch wedges
- 2 teaspoon(s) beef bouillon granules
- 1 tablespoon(s) soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon(s) ketchup
- 1 teaspoon(s) red wine vinegar
- Hot cooked rice
- • Slice beef into thin 3-in. strips. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the cornstarch, 2 tablespoons water, salt, pepper and hot pepper sauce; add the beef. Seal bag and turn to coat.
- • In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry half of the beef in 1 tablespoon oil until no longer pink; remove from the skillet and keep warm. Repeat with remaining beef and 1 tablespoon oil.
- • Stir-fry the asparagus and cauliflower in remaining oil for 4 minutes. Add red pepper and onion; stir-fry for 2 minutes. Return beef to skillet.
- • In a small bowl, combine the bouillon, soy sauce, ketchup, vinegar and remaining water; add to the skillet. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until heated through. Serve with rice.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note