Beef and Asparagus Skillet Dinner
Marinate: 2 Hours
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 cup(s) soy sauce
- 1 cup(s) white wine or white wine vinegar
- 6 tablespoon(s) sugar
- 2 teaspoon(s) garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon(s) ground ginger
- 2 1/2 pound(s) sirloin steak, cut into thin strips
- 2 tablespoon(s) canola oil
- 1 1/2 pound(s) fresh asparagus, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 medium onion, cut into thin strips
- 1 green pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1/2 pound(s) mushrooms, sliced
- 1 14 1/2-ounce can(s) beef broth
- 2 tablespoon(s) cornstarch
- Cooked rice
- • In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Pour half of the marinade in a large resealable plastic bag; add beef; seal and refrigerate for 2 hours or overnight. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- • Drain and reserve marinade from beef. In a large skillet or wok, brown meat in oil. Add reserved marinade. Cover and simmer 5-10 minutes or until meat is tender.
- • Add asparagus; cook 2 minutes. Add the onion, green pepper and mushrooms. Mix beef broth and cornstarch; gradually add to skillet. Bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 3-5 minutes until thickened and vegetables are tender. Serve with rice. Yield: 6-8 servings.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note