Ralph Anderson; Mindi Shapiro Levine
Yield: Makes 16 bundles (8 appetizer servings)
More From Southern Living
- 16 asparagus spears
- 1 (4-oz.) package garlic-and-herb spreadable cheese
- 2 heads Bibb lettuce, leaves separated
- 8 thin slices deli roast beef, halved
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 16 strips
- 16 fresh chives (optional)
- 1. Snap off and discard tough ends of asparagus. Cut asparagus tips into 3 1/2-inch pieces, reserving any remaining end portions for another use.
- 2. Cook asparagus in boiling water to cover 1 to 2 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain. Plunge into ice water to stop the cooking process; drain and pat dry with paper towels.
- 3. Spoon cheese into a 1-qt. zip-top plastic freezer bag. (Do not seal.) Snip 1 corner of bag to make a small hole, and pipe cheese down center of each lettuce leaf. Arrange 1 roast beef slice, 1 asparagus spear, and 1 red bell pepper strip in each lettuce leaf. If desired, wrap sides of lettuce around roast beef and vegetables, and tie bundles with chives.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used Alouette Garlic & Herbs for garlic-and-herb spreadable cheese and Boar's Head Londonport Seasoned Roast Beef for deli roast beef.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Appetizers