Because it is so difficult to find something delicious and diet friendly, I was excited to find these. I found the garlic herb blend in a light version by Boursin. They were delicious and were quick and easy to make. They look spectacular on a serving tray!
Ralph Anderson; Mindi Shapiro Levine
Yield: Makes 16 bundles (8 appetizer servings)
More From Southern Living
- 16 asparagus spears
- 1 (4-oz.) package garlic-and-herb spreadable cheese
- 2 heads Bibb lettuce, leaves separated
- 8 thin slices deli roast beef, halved
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 16 strips
- 16 fresh chives (optional)
- 1. Snap off and discard tough ends of asparagus. Cut asparagus tips into 3 1/2-inch pieces, reserving any remaining end portions for another use.
- 2. Cook asparagus in boiling water to cover 1 to 2 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain. Plunge into ice water to stop the cooking process; drain and pat dry with paper towels.
- 3. Spoon cheese into a 1-qt. zip-top plastic freezer bag. (Do not seal.) Snip 1 corner of bag to make a small hole, and pipe cheese down center of each lettuce leaf. Arrange 1 roast beef slice, 1 asparagus spear, and 1 red bell pepper strip in each lettuce leaf. If desired, wrap sides of lettuce around roast beef and vegetables, and tie bundles with chives.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used Alouette Garlic & Herbs for garlic-and-herb spreadable cheese and Boar's Head Londonport Seasoned Roast Beef for deli roast beef.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note