The steak had great flavor and the green onions were wonderful on the tacos. I served them with onions, cilantro and avocado. Very good!!
Beef Adobado Tacos with Grilled Green Onions
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 teaspoon(s) Cumin ground
- 1/3 cup(s) Apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup(s) water
- 2 Dried ancho chiles stemmed and deseeded
- 2 Dried guajillo or New Mexico chiles stemmed and deseeded
- 1 dried cascabel chili stemmed and deseeded
- 2 tablespoon(s) canola oil
- 1/4 medium yellow onion chopped
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon(s) black pepper
- 1 tablespoon(s) kosher salt
- 2 pound(s) flank steak
- 1 bunch(es) green onions root ends trimmed
- lime wedges
- chopped onions
- 1. Heat vinegar and water in a pan until hot. Pour into a bowl with the ancho, guajillo and cascabel chiles. Let stand for 15 minutes.
- 2. For the adobo marinade, put 3 tablespoons of oil in a pan over medium heat, add onions and garlic, saute until browned, place in a food processor. Add chilies and their soaking liquid, cumin, black pepper and salt. Puree to a thick, smooth paste. Pour into a bowl, cover and refrigerate.
- 3. Place beef and adobo in a large ziplock bag, massage to coat all sides. Refrigerate 2-12 hours, the longer the better.
- 4. Remove steak from refrigerator 1-2 hours before cooking. Grill over medium-high heat 5-7 minutes per side. Set aside to rest covered for 10 minutes.
- 5. Rub green onions with oil, grill until soft and slightly charred, 2 minutes. Season with salt.
- 6. Cut steak into small pieces against the grain. Season with salt and pepper, serve with green onions, cilantro, chopped onions and lime wedges.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Jrneef and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note