The steak had great flavor and the green onions were wonderful on the tacos. I served them with onions, cilantro and avocado. Very good!!
Beef Adobado Tacos with Grilled Green Onions
Community Recipe from
- 2 teaspoon(s) Cumin ground
- 1/3 cup(s) Apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup(s) water
- 2 Dried ancho chiles stemmed and deseeded
- 2 Dried guajillo or New Mexico chiles stemmed and deseeded
- 1 dried cascabel chili stemmed and deseeded
- 2 tablespoon(s) canola oil
- 1/4 medium yellow onion chopped
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon(s) black pepper
- 1 tablespoon(s) kosher salt
- 2 pound(s) flank steak
- 1 bunch(es) green onions root ends trimmed
- lime wedges
- chopped onions
- 1. Heat vinegar and water in a pan until hot. Pour into a bowl with the ancho, guajillo and cascabel chiles. Let stand for 15 minutes.
- 2. For the adobo marinade, put 3 tablespoons of oil in a pan over medium heat, add onions and garlic, saute until browned, place in a food processor. Add chilies and their soaking liquid, cumin, black pepper and salt. Puree to a thick, smooth paste. Pour into a bowl, cover and refrigerate.
- 3. Place beef and adobo in a large ziplock bag, massage to coat all sides. Refrigerate 2-12 hours, the longer the better.
- 4. Remove steak from refrigerator 1-2 hours before cooking. Grill over medium-high heat 5-7 minutes per side. Set aside to rest covered for 10 minutes.
- 5. Rub green onions with oil, grill until soft and slightly charred, 2 minutes. Season with salt.
- 6. Cut steak into small pieces against the grain. Season with salt and pepper, serve with green onions, cilantro, chopped onions and lime wedges.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Jrneef and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note