Beans with Parsley Sauce
Garden-fresh vegetables are the main ingredient in this dish. For a bit of extra color, try mixing wax beans with green beans. The flavor is definitely worth the preparation time. Serving Accompaniments: Grilled Meat Loaf and Peanut Butter Pudding Pie. From Veronica Teipel: Manchester, Missouri. Recipe published as Beans with Parsley Sauce in Taste of Home June/July 2003.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 pound(s) fresh green beans, trimmed
- 2 tablespoon(s) butter
- 2 tablespoon(s) all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) pepper
- 1 1/2 cup(s) chicken broth
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup(s) 2% milk
- 1 cup(s) minced fresh parsley
- • Place beans in a large saucepan and cover with water; bring to a boil. Cook, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes or until crisp tender. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in the flour, salt and pepper until smooth. Gradually whisk in broth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat.
- • In a small bowl, combine egg yolks and milk. Stir a small amount of hot broth mixture into egg mixture. Return all to the pan, stirring constantly. Bring to a gentle boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened and coats the back of a metal spoon. Stir in parsley. Drain beans; serve with sauce.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note