Delicious and very easy to make! Will be making again soon
Bean Salad with Shrimp and Curry Yogurt
Pair this easy salad with seasoned whole-wheat couscous or grilled bread brushed with olive oil. The flavors marry as the dish stands, so it's a particularly good choice for a picnic or party platter.
More From Cooking Light
Total: 25 Minutes
- Calories: 234
- Fat: 12.3g
- Saturated fat: 2.1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 7.5g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.3g
- Protein: 19.9g
- Carbohydrate: 11.8g
- Fiber: 2.4g
- Cholesterol: 145mg
- Iron: 1.4mg
- Sodium: 455mg
- Calcium: 129mg
- 1/4 cup finely chopped shallots
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 1/2 cup plain 2% reduced-fat Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon Madras curry powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- 9 ounces green beans, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1. Combine first 6 ingredients, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in a large bowl, stirring with a whisk. Combine yogurt, curry, honey, and juice in a small bowl.
- 2. Cook beans in boiling water 3 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain. Add beans to shallot mixture; toss to coat.
- 3. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1 tablespoon oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add shrimp, remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper, and thyme to pan; sauté 3 minutes or until done. Add shrimp to green bean mixture; toss to coat. Serve with yogurt mixture.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note