Excellent soup - I doubled the recipe except for the sausage and it was still outstanding.
White Bean, Kale and Sausage Stew
Serve White Bean, Kale and Sausage Stew with lots of crusty bread to soak up the flavorful liquid.
More From Allyou
- Calories: 490
- Fat: 17g
- Saturated fat: 5g
- Protein: 28g
- Carbohydrate: 61g
- Fiber: 12g
- Cholesterol: 41mg
- Sodium: 711mg
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 15-oz. can diced tomatoes
- 3 15-oz. cans white beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 12 ounces precooked turkey or chicken sausage, sliced
- 8 cups stemmed and chopped kale leaves (from 5 1/2 oz. bunch)
- 1. Combine broth, tomatoes, beans, onion, garlic and sausage in a slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 4 to 5 hours.
- 2. Stir in kale, cover and cook until kale has softened, about 15 minutes. Season with salt before serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note