This was a HUGE hit! I steamed the green beans lightly in the microwave instead of blanching but otherwise followed the recipe. DELISH! Served with Lemon Chicken. Husband wants it again. Tangy and sooooo good!
Green Bean-Goat Cheese Gratin
Photo: Iain Bagwell; Styling: Heather Chadduck
More From Southern Living
Total: 50 Minutes
- 2 white bread slices
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3/4 cup (3 oz.) freshly shredded Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1/3 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1 pound fresh haricots verts (tiny green beans), trimmed
- 2 ounces goat cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°. Tear bread into large pieces; pulse in a food processor 2 or 3 times or until coarse crumbs form. Drizzle oil over crumbs; add 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese. Pulse 5 or 6 times or until coated with oil. Stir in pecans.
- 2. Cut green beans crosswise into thirds. Cook in boiling water to cover 3 to 4 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain. Plunge into ice water to stop the cooking process; drain and pat dry with paper towels.
- 3. Toss together beans, next 4 ingredients, and remaining 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese. Firmly pack mixture into 4 (6-oz.) shallow ramekins. Cover each with aluminum foil, and place on a baking sheet.
- 4. Bake at 400° for 20 minutes. Uncover and sprinkle with crumb mixture. Bake 8 more minutes or until golden. Let stand 5 minutes.
- Brought to the table by cookbook author Tasia Malakasis, owner of Belle Chèvre creamery in Elkmont, Alabama.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables