I never leave reviews for anything online. However I made this salad last night and it was soooo delicious, I had to leave a review! I have never liked eating salads because I don't like salad dressing. This recipe appealed to me because it used no dressing, just olive oil and lime juice. The flavor was just amazing, even my picky-eating kids liked it! Thanks for this awesome recipe. This will be a staple meal in our house :)
Black Bean, Corn and Shrimp Salad
Black Bean, Corn and Shrimp Salad is bursting with fresh and tasty flavors, while taking minimal time to prepare.
More From Allyou
Bake: 15 Minutes
- Calories: 477
- Fat: 23g
- Saturated fat: 3g
- Protein: 28g
- Carbohydrate: 48g
- Fiber: 13g
- Cholesterol: 166mg
- Sodium: 918mg
- 8 6-inch corn tortillas, cut into wedges
- 2 ears corn, shucked
- 1 15-oz. can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted, cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 scallions, white and light green parts, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 3/4 pound cooked, peeled, deveined shrimp, chopped
- Salt and pepper
- 4 cups shredded romaine lettuce
- 1. Preheat oven to 400ºF. Spread tortilla wedges on 1 or 2 large, ungreased baking sheets and bake until crisp, 10 to 15 minutes.
- 2. Cut kernels off ears of corn into a large bowl (you should have about 1 1/2 cups). Add beans, avocado, tomatoes, scallions, cumin, olive oil, lime juice and shrimp and toss gently to combine. Season with salt and pepper.
- 3. Arrange lettuce on a serving plate, spoon shrimp salad on top and serve with tortilla wedges.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note