Bean and Chicken Taquitos
Photo: Andrea M. Gómez; Styling: Miranda Jones
Time: 1 hour.
Yield: Makes 40 taquitos
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 144
- Calories from fat: 49%
- Protein: 5.1g
- Fat: 8g
- Saturated fat: 2.3g
- Carbohydrate: 13g
- Fiber: 1.2g
- Sodium: 227mg
- Cholesterol: 12mg
- 20 flour tortillas (8-in. size), cut in half
- About 1 1/2 cups canned refried black beans
- About 1 1/2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken (from half a 3-lb. chicken)
- About 2 1/2 cups (10 oz.) shredded Mexican cheese blend
- Vegetable oil for frying
- 1. Lay 1 tortilla half on a work surface. Spoon about 1 tbsp. beans onto an end. Sprinkle filling with about 1 tbsp. cheese.
- 2. Starting with the filling end, roll taquito into a tight cigarette shape and secure with a toothpick. Repeat with remaining tortillas, beans or chicken, and cheese.
- 3. In a large wide pot, heat about 1 in. oil over medium heat until it reaches 375° on a deep-fry thermometer. Cook taquitos, about 4 at a time, turning often, until golden brown, about 2 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer taquitos to a rimmed baking sheet lined with paper towels. When cool, remove toothpicks. Serve with salsa and guacamole.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per taquito.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Appetizers