Bean Cabbage Soup
Based on an Italian grandmother's homemade minestrone. Recipe published in Cooking for One or Two Cookbook.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 tablespoon(s) chopped celery
- 1 tablespoon(s) chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon(s) olive oil or 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/3 cup(s) cubed zucchini
- 1/3 cup(s) cubed peeled potato
- 1/3 cup(s) sliced carrot
- 1 14 1/2-ounce can(s) beef broth
- 1/2 cup(s) canned cannellini beans or white kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 teaspoon(s) minced fresh basil or 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- Dash pepper
- 1/2 cup(s) coarsely chopped cabbage
- 1/4 cup(s) cooked rice
- 1 tablespoon(s) grated Parmesan cheese
- • In a saucepan, saute celery and onion in oil for 2-3 minutes. Add garlic and saute for 1 minute. Add the zucchini, potato and carrot; saute for 3 minutes. Stir in the beef broth, beans, basil and pepper. Bring to a boil. Stir in cabbage.
- • Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Just before serving, stir in rice and cheese.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note