Bean Cabbage Soup
- 2 tablespoon(s) chopped celery
- 1 tablespoon(s) chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon(s) olive oil or 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/3 cup(s) cubed zucchini
- 1/3 cup(s) cubed peeled potato
- 1/3 cup(s) sliced carrot
- 1 14 1/2-ounce can(s) beef broth
- 1/2 cup(s) canned cannellini beans or white kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 teaspoon(s) minced fresh basil or 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- Dash pepper
- 1/2 cup(s) coarsely chopped cabbage
- 1/4 cup(s) cooked rice
- 1 tablespoon(s) grated Parmesan cheese
- • In a saucepan, saute celery and onion in oil for 2-3 minutes. Add garlic and saute for 1 minute. Add the zucchini, potato and carrot; saute for 3 minutes. Stir in the beef broth, beans, basil and pepper. Bring to a boil. Stir in cabbage.
- • Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Just before serving, stir in rice and cheese.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note