- 1 tablespoon GOYA® Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, finely chopped (about 1½ cups)
- 1 GOYA Jalapeño Pepper, finely chopped (optional)
- 2 tablespoons GOYA Minced Garlic, or 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon GOYA Cumin
- 2 cans (15.5 oz each.) GOYA Pinto Beans
- 3 cups cooked CANILLA® Extra Long Grain Rice
- 1 1/2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/4 plus 2 tbsp. GOYA Corn (canned or frozen), cooked according to package directions
- 2 scallions, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 6 10” GOYA Flour Tortillas, warmed
- FOR GARNISH
- GOYA Guacamole, thawed
- GOYA Pico de Gallo
- GOYA Salsita (preferred flavor)
- Sour cream
How to Make It
Heat oil in medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onions; cook until soft and translucent, about 7 minutes. Stir in jalapeno pepper, garlic and cumin; cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds more. Add beans and their liquid to saucepan; bring bean mixture to a boil. Using potato masher, submersion blender or fork, mash beans until broken. Cook, stirring constantly until mixture is thick, about 5 minutes.
To assemble burritos, mound ½ cup rice, ½ cups bean mixture, ¼ cup cheese, 2 tbsp. corn, 1 tbsp. chopped scallions and 1 tsp. cilantro on one side of tortilla. Roll up tortilla into burrito shape (see below). Place burrito, seam-side down on serving plate or platter. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
Serve burritos with guacamole, pico de gallo, salista and sour cream, if desired.