Notes: Assemble and cook up to 1 day ahead; add dressing when ready to serve.
Yield: Makes 4 servings
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 177
- Calories from fat: 37%
- Protein: 8.1g
- Fat: 7.2g
- Saturated fat: 1.1g
- Carbohydrate: 22g
- Fiber: 4.1g
- Sodium: 1038mg
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- 1 pound cooked fresh beans (use yard-long beans)
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons Asian (toasted) sesame oil
- 1. Prepare beans. Drain and immerse in ice water.
- 2. When beans are cool, drain and lay full length on a platter with stem ends together. With a hand at each end of the beans, pull them close together to form a log. Remove 4 beans and slide each under the log, equally spaced. Loosely tie each of the 4 beans over the log to hold it together.
- 3. In a small bowl, mix soy sauce with sesame oil and pour over beans.
- 4. To serve, cut across bean log between tied beans to make 4 bundles. With a wide spatula, transfer beans to plates.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables