More From Southern Living
Bake: 7 Minutes
Amount per serving
- Calories: 83
- Calories from fat: 9%
- Fat: 0.8g
- Saturated fat: 0.1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.3g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.1g
- Protein: 3.8g
- Carbohydrate: 15.6g
- Fiber: 1.6g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 1.3mg
- Sodium: 160mg
- Calcium: 50mg
- 1 (8-oz.) French bread loaf
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh rosemary, minced
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 (16-oz.) can cannellini or great Northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- 1. Cut bread into 12 (1/2-inch) slices. Place on baking sheet.
- 2. Bake at 375° for 5 to 7 minutes or until toasted.
- 3. Sauté garlic and rosemary in hot oil in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat 2 minutes. Stir in beans and next 3 ingredients. Cook until thoroughly heated, stirring frequently and mashing beans partially to desired consistency.
- 4. Spread about 2 1/2 Tbsp. bean mixture over each bread slice.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Appetizers