- 1 (8-oz.) French bread loaf
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh rosemary, minced
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 (16-oz.) can cannellini or great Northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- calories 83
- caloriesfromfat 9 %
- fat 0.8 g
- satfat 0.1 g
- monofat 0.3 g
- polyfat 0.1 g
- protein 3.8 g
- carbohydrate 15.6 g
- fiber 1.6 g
- cholesterol 0.0 mg
- iron 1.3 mg
- sodium 160 mg
- calcium 50 mg
How to Make It
Cut bread into 12 (1/2-inch) slices. Place on baking sheet.
Bake at 375° for 5 to 7 minutes or until toasted.
Sauté garlic and rosemary in hot oil in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat 2 minutes. Stir in beans and next 3 ingredients. Cook until thoroughly heated, stirring frequently and mashing beans partially to desired consistency.
Spread about 2 1/2 Tbsp. bean mixture over each bread slice.