Bean and Pork Chop Bake
This recipe, featuring pork chops, has an apple-cinnamon flavor with a hint of sweet maple. It's particularly good when fall apples are in season. Recipe published in Country Woman January/February 2005.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (1/2 inch thick and 4 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon(s) canola oil
- 1 large tart apple, peeled and chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 28-ounce can(s) baked beans
- 1/3 cup(s) raisins
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) ground cinnamon, divided
- 1 tablespoon(s) maple pancake syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- • In a large skillet, brown pork chops on both sides in oil. Remove and keep warm. In the same pan, saute apple and onion until tender. Stir in the beans, raisins and 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon. Spoon into a greased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish; top with pork chops.
- • Cover and bake at 350° for 40 minutes. Brush chops with syrup; sprinkle with the salt and remaining cinnamon. Bake, uncovered for 5-10 minutes longer or until a meat thermometer reads 160°.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note