Select unblemished fennel bulbs with bright green fronds for the freshest flavor. Some grocery stores also sell fennel as anise.
Yield: Makes 6 to 8 servings
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 3/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- 2 (15.5-ounce) cans chickpeas, rinsed and drained*
- 2 medium fennel bulbs, thinly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup crumbled Gorgonzola cheese*
- 1/4 cup minced fresh Italian parsley
- Garnish: fresh fennel fronds
- Whisk together first 6 ingredients in a bowl; add beans, fennel, and garlic, tossing gently to coat. Sprinkle with cheese and parsley. Cover and chill at least 1 hour. Garnish, if desired.
- *2 (15-ounce) cans navy beans and 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese may be substituted for chickpeas and gorgonzola.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note