More From Southern Living
- 1 (16-ounce) can refried beans
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/3 cup medium salsa
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning mix
- 1/2 (5-ounce) package yellow rice mix, cooked (optional)
- 5 (10-inch) flour tortillas
- 2 cups vegetable oil
- Shredded lettuce
- Toppings: salsa, Easy Guacamole, sour cream
- Stir together first 4 ingredients. Stir in rice, if desired. Place 1/3 cup mixture just below center of each tortilla. Fold opposite sides of tortillas over filling, forming rectangles; secure with picks.
- Pour oil into a large skillet; heat to 325°. Fry, in batches, 4 to 5 minutes on each side or until lightly browned. Drain on paper towels. Remove picks; arrange on lettuce. Serve with toppings and Hominy Ole, if desired.
- Note: To serve 4 or 6, double all ingredients, and process as directed. To bake, place on a baking sheet, and coat both sides with cooking spray. Bake at 425º for 8 minutes; turn chimichangas, and bake 5 more minutes. Remove picks.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Bean-and-Cheese Chimichangas Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes Like This