Beaf, Bean, and Cornbread Casserole
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 16 oz cans pinto beans, rinsed/drained
- 1 4.5 oz can chopped green chiles, undrained
- 1 6 oz package cornbread mix
- 2 8 oz cans no-salt-added tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon(s) chili powder
- 1 cup(s) chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) dried oregano
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1.5 teaspoon(s) ground cumin
- 1 pound(s) lean ground beef
- Cook first three ingredients in saucepan coated with Pam cooking spray over medium high heat, stirring til beef crumbles and is no longer pink. Drain and pat with paper towels. Wipe drippings from skillet with paper towel. Return beef mixture to skillet. Stir in beans, sauce, chiles, chili powder, cumin, and oregano. Cover and cook over medium-low heat 10 min. Pour into lightly greased 2 quart baking dish. Prepare cornbread batter according to package using skim milk. Pour over beef mixture. Bake at 400 degrees 30 min or til lightly browned.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by LauraJasmine and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note