BBQ Turkey Sandwiches
Lose the chicken and try a BBQ Turkey Sandwich instead.
Yield: Makes 8 servings
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup onion, chopped
- 1 8-oz. can tomato sauce
- 1 cup ketchup
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 cups cooked turkey, cubed
- 8 hamburger buns, split
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium-high heat; saute onion until softened. Add remaining ingredients except turkey and buns. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 30 minutes.
- In a large skillet over medium-low heat, combine turkey and enough of the sauce mixture to generously moisten.
- Cover and cook 10 minutes. Serve warm on hamburger buns.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note