BBQ Turkey Meatloaf
For BBQ Glaze
⅔ cup ketchup
⅓ cup light brown sugar, packed
1½ tablespoons apple cider vinegar
½ teaspoon Dijon mustard
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 cup minced yellow onion (about 1 medium-large onion)
3 cloves minced garlic (use a garlic press)
1¼ teaspoon salt
¾ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
2 teaspoons paprika
1 teaspoon dried thyme
1½ tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
1½ tablespoons Dijon mustard
2 large eggs
¼ cup BBQ glaze (see above recipe)
2 pounds ground turkey (93/7)
¾ cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs (I use Progresso)
A few sprigs fresh parsley, chopped (optional for garnish)
1. Set oven rack to middle position and preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line rimmed baking sheet with heavy-duty aluminum foil and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
2. Make BBQ glaze by combining ketchup, light brown sugar, cider vinegar and Dijon mustard. Set aside.
3. Heat olive oil in medium sauté pan and cook onions over medium heat, stirring occassionally, until soft, about 6-8 minutes. Add garlic and cook 1-2 minutes more. Set aside to cool.
4. In a large bowl, combine salt, pepper, paprika, thyme, Worcestershire, Dijon mustard, eggs and ¼ cup of BBQ glaze and mix well. Add onion mixture and stir to combine. Finally, add ground turkey and breadcrumbs and mix with your hands until well combined.
5. Transfer the meat mixture into two even piles on prepared baking sheet. Shape into two long loaves about 1½ inches high x 4 inches wide. Spread remaining BBQ glaze over loaves, letting it drip down the sides a bit (you may have a little extra), then bake for 40-45 minutes. Slice and garnish with parsley if desired.
Go to full version of