I thought this was a pretty good recipe but nothing overly mindblowing or terribly creative. I will say the marinade worked really well for the tempeh, which on its own is pretty bland. Overall, this is a good vegetarian BBQ-season option but I don't think it'll be on the regular rotation this summer.
BBQ Tempeh and Mushroom Kebabs
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 214
- Fat: 10g
- Saturated fat: 1.8g
- Sodium: 291mg
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lower-sodium soy sauce
- 8 ounces organic soy tempeh (cut into 16 pieces)
- 1/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 16 mushrooms
- 16 grape tomatoes
- 16 (1-inch) squares yellow bell pepper
- 8 (8-inch) skewers
- Cooking spray
- Chopped green onions
- Barbecue sauce
- Combine olive oil, soy sauce, and tempeh. Let stand 20 minutes. Add 1/4 cup barbecue sauce; toss. Thread tempeh, mushrooms, grape tomatoes, and 16 bell pepper alternately onto skewers. Place skewers on a grill rack coated with cooking spray. Grill 9 minutes or until browned, turning skewers occasionally for an even char. Sprinkle with chopped green onions. Serve with barbecue sauce.
- Note: If using wooden skewers, soak them in water for 20 minutes before grilling.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note