I loved this. It made a great marinade/dressing and the sweetness of the corn was a great contrast to the tangy heat of the BBQ sauce. My boyfriend actually asked me to make it two nights in a row he liked it so much. Between the shrimp, corn and zucchini however, the greens just got a bit lost. It wasn't really a salad as much as BBQ shrimp and vegetables with the occasional leaf in it. Either way, it was delicious.
BBQ Shrimp, Corn, and Zucchini Salad
Dinner's a breeze when BBQ Shrimp, Corn, and Zucchini Salad can be table-ready in 20 minutes. This grilled salad of fresh, seasonal veggies with juicy shrimp provides a meal that more than satisfies.
- 1/2 cup prepared spicy barbecue sauce
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 1/2 pounds peeled and deveined large raw shrimp with tails
- 4 ears corn, shucked
- 2 zucchini, halved
- 2 poblano peppers, halved and seeded
- Salt to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Bibb lettuce
- 1. Preheat grill to medium-high heat (350° to 400°). Combine first 4 ingredients in a large bowl; reserve 1/2 cup dressing. Toss shrimp in remaining dressing; set aside.
- 2. Grill corn, zucchini, and poblano peppers on a greased grill grate, turning occasionally, 8 minutes. Grill shrimp 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until done.
- 3. Cut corn kernels into a large bowl. Chop zucchini and poblano peppers, and add to bowl. Stir in shrimp. Toss with reserved dressing. Season with salt and pepper to taste; serve over lettuce.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note