BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwiches
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 pork shoulder roast (6-8 lbs.)
- 1/2 tablespoon(s) oil (vegetable, olive or canola)
- 2 tablespoon(s) salt
- 2 tablespoon(s) garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon(s) black pepper
- 1 tablespoon(s) onion powder
- 1 tablespoon(s) ground red pepper
- 1 tablespoon(s) dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon(s) dried thyme
- *1 bottle(s) your favorite BBQ sauce
- 10-12 sandwich buns
- Remove the pork from the refrigerator and let it come to room temperature.
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F.
- Blend seasonings in a small bowl. Pat the roast w/ oil. Season the roast well on all sides with blended seasonings. Place the seasoned pork in a dutch oven, fat/skin side up. Cover and bake for 4 hours.
- Remove cover from the roast and continue to bake about 2 hours longer, until the roast is very tender and will pull apart easily with a fork.
- Remove the pork from the oven and set aside to cool slightly. Remove any excess fat or drippings from the roast and discard if desired. Using 2 forks, shred the pork into bite-sized pieces.
- Once shredded, start adding BBQ sauce, bit by bit. Best to stir in about 1/4 of a bottle at a time, continuing to desired consistency.
- *Depending on how saucy you like your pork, you may want to use more than 1 bottle.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by jlheisler and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note