1. In slow cooker combine sweet pepper and onion strips. Sprinkle tapioca over peppers & onions. Trim fat from roast. If necessary, cut roast to fit into cooker. Place roast over vegetables.
2. In a medium bowl combine barbecue sauce and chili powder. Pour the sauce over the meat.
3. Cover; cook on low-heat setting for 11-12 hours or on high-heat setting for 6 hours.
4. Remove roast from cooker; thinly slice or shred the meat. Skim the fat from sauce. Return sauce and meat to cooker; cover. Turn cooker to high and cook 15 to 30 minutes more to heat through.
5. Serve with coleslaw or serve over potatoes
Go to full version of