BBQ Pork - Slow Cooker
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 3 pound(s) pork shoulder roast
- 2 green sweet peppers cut into thin strips
- 1 medium onion thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoon(s) quick-cooking tapioca
- 1-1 1/2 cup(s) bbq sauce - regular or sweet honey
- 2 tablespoon(s) chili powder
- Coleslaw (optional)
- Potatoes (optional) cooked & cubed
- 1. In slow cooker combine sweet pepper and onion strips. Sprinkle tapioca over peppers & onions. Trim fat from roast. If necessary, cut roast to fit into cooker. Place roast over vegetables.
- 2. In a medium bowl combine barbecue sauce and chili powder. Pour the sauce over the meat.
- 3. Cover; cook on low-heat setting for 11-12 hours or on high-heat setting for 6 hours.
- 4. Remove roast from cooker; thinly slice or shred the meat. Skim the fat from sauce. Return sauce and meat to cooker; cover. Turn cooker to high and cook 15 to 30 minutes more to heat through.
- 5. Serve with coleslaw or serve over potatoes
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Malison and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note