My husband doesn't even like pork and he loved this recipe!! Very easy to make, was delicious, and we ate several meals off it.
BBQ Pork Sandwiches
More From Oxmoor House
- Calories: 398
- Calories from fat: 19%
- Fat: 8.4g
- Saturated fat: 2.2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.9g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.8g
- Protein: 33.3g
- Carbohydrate: 49.7g
- Fiber: 4.7g
- Cholesterol: 67mg
- Iron: 4.4mg
- Sodium: 726mg
- Calcium: 109mg
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar, divided
- 1 cup chopped onion (about 1 large)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Mexican seasoning
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons molasses
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 (6-ounce) can tomato paste
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (2-pound) boneless pork loin roast
- 8 (2 1/4-ounce) whole wheat hamburger buns
- Combine 3 tablespoons brown sugar, onion, and next 6 ingredients in a 3 1/2-quart electric slow cooker; stir well. Combine remaining tablespoon brown sugar, pepper, and salt; rub pork roast with sugar mixture. Cut pork roast into 4 large pieces; add to slow cooker, turning to coat with sauce. Cover with lid; cook on high-heat setting 1 hour.
- Reduce heat setting to low; cook 7 hours or until pork roast is tender. Remove pork roast from slow cooker, reserving sauce in cooker.
- Shred pork roast with 2 forks. Return shredded pork to slow cooker, and stir well to coat with sauce. Spoon 2/3 cup pork mixture on bottom half of each bun, using a slotted spoon. Cover with tops of buns.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This