I did a half recipe of this--in hopes to make only 2 wraps. It generated EIGHT wraps!! But my tortillas were too small (5.5" diameter). The wraps were delicious when I cooked them and left over. The entire process took 30 minutes. I used KC Masterpiece BBQ sauce, Arkansas tomatoes, baby spinach, red onions and corn tortillas (much tastier AND healthier). GREAT RECIPE! Easy and I highly recommend.
BBQ Chicken Wrap
This bbq chicken wrap is as tasty as classic pulled pork–but it doesn't take hours to make. Add a side of cole slaw, potato salad, or corn on the cob for a fun cookout-style supper.
Yield: 4 servings
Amount per serving
- Calories: (1 wrap): 297
- Fat: 6g
- Saturated fat: 2g
- Sodium: 792mg
- Cholesterol: 37mg
- Cooking spray
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cooked chicken-breast halves, shredded
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- Four 8-inch flour tortillas
- 2 cups torn (or baby) spinach or leaf lettuce
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 11 minutes
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Meanwhile, in a medium skillet coated with cooking spray, cook onion over medium heat until soft, about 3 minutes. Remove from heat.
2. Add chicken and barbecue sauce to pan, stir to combine; return skillet to low heat and cook for 3 to 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until heated through.
3. Top each tortilla with 1/2 cup spinach, 1/4 cup tomato, and 1/2 cup chicken mixture; wrap and place seam-side down in a shallow baking dish or on a rimmed baking sheet. Bake for 5 minutes until heated through and lightly browned.
How kids can help: Tear up the spinach; measure ingredients; top the tortillas with the spinach and chopped tomato.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note