Yummy! Used homemade pickled cucumbers on top instead of the coleslaw mix. The sweet and spice of the barbecue rub could both have been stronger.
BBQ Chicken Sandwiches
These easy barbecue sandwiches take only 35 minutes to make and have 12 grams of fat per serving–much less than a traditional barbecue pork sandwich.
More From Health
Tota;: 35 Minutes
- Calories: 455
- Fat: 12g
- Saturated fat: 3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 5g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2g
- Protein: 29g
- Carbohydrate: 57g
- Fiber: 5g
- Cholesterol: 77mg
- Iron: 10mg
- Sodium: 669mg
- Calcium: 94mg
- 1 3/4 pounds sliced onion (about 3)
- 6 garlic cloves, halved
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken thighs (about 4 thighs)
- 1/2 cup jarred barbecue sauce
- 2 tablespoons light sour cream
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon agave syrup or honey
- 6 ounces cabbage-and-carrot coleslaw mix
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 ciabatta rolls, toasted
- 1. Preheat broiler. Place onion and garlic on a foil-lined baking sheet; toss with oil. Broil 5 minutes, 6 inches from heat, until onion is golden, stirring often.
- 2. Preheat oven to 425°. Transfer onion mixture to a square glass baking dish; top with chicken. Pour barbecue sauce over chicken; cover tightly with foil. Bake, in middle of oven, until chicken is cooked through (about 20 minutes).
- 3. Combine sour cream, vinegar, and honey; whisk well. Toss with coleslaw mix and pepper.
- 4. Shred chicken with a fork; top bottoms of rolls with chicken, onion, sauce mixture, and coleslaw. Place roll tops on sandwiches.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note