The first time I made this we liked it but thought the mustard in the BBQ sauce was a bit overpowering. When I made it the second time I cut the amount of mustard in half, and it was fantastic. This is a keeper!
BBQ Chicken Pizza with Fresh Mozzarella and Pickled Jalapeños
Milky fresh mozzarella tames the bite ot tangy peppers atop BBQ Chicken Pizza with Fresh Mozzarella and Pickled Jalapeños.
More From Cooking Light
Total: 38 Minutes
- Calories: 295
- Fat: 7g
- Saturated fat: 2.8g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.4g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.3g
- Protein: 19g
- Carbohydrate: 39.7g
- Fiber: 2g
- Cholesterol: 40mg
- Iron: 2.6mg
- Sodium: 580mg
- Calcium: 153mg
- 3 (4-ounce) chicken breast cutlets
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- Cooking spray
- 12 ounces refrigerated fresh pizza dough
- 2 tablespoons yellow cornmeal
- 1/3 cup no-salt-added ketchup
- 3 tablespoons prepared yellow mustard
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1/2 cup sliced red onion
- 1/4 cup pickled jalapeño slices
- 4 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1. Place a pizza stone or heavy baking sheet in oven. Preheat oven to 450° (keep pizza stone or baking sheet in oven as it preheats).
- 2. Sprinkle both sides of chicken evenly with black pepper and salt. Combine brown sugar, paprika, garlic powder, and ground cumin in a small bowl, stirring well to combine. Set aside 2 teaspoons spice mixture, and rub the remaining spice mixture evenly over all sides of chicken. Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add chicken to pan; sauté 3 minutes on each side or until chicken is done. Let chicken stand 10 minutes, and slice thinly against the grain.
- 3. Roll dough into a 14 x 9-inch rectangle (or a 14-inch circle) on a lightly floured surface; pierce dough with a fork. Lightly coat dough with cooking spray. Carefully remove pizza stone from oven. Sprinkle cornmeal over pizza stone; place dough on pizza stone.
- 4. Bake at 450° for 9 minutes. Combine reserved 2 teaspoons spice mixture, ketchup, mustard, and vinegar in a small saucepan over medium heat. Bring mixture to a simmer, and cook 3 minutes or until slightly thick, stirring occasionally. Remove partially cooked crust from oven; spread ketchup mixture evenly over crust, leaving a 1/2-inch border around the edges. Top with chicken, onion, jalapeños, and cheese. Bake at 450° for 10 minutes or until cheese is browned. Sprinkle with cilantro. Slice.
- If you like arugula, try Chicken, Arugula, and Prosciutto Pizza: Prepare BBQ Chicken Pizza through step 3, omitting brown sugar, paprika, garlic powder, and ground cumin. Combine 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil and 2 tablespoons thinly vertically sliced fresh garlic in a skillet over medium-low heat; cook 2 minutes or just until fragrant, stirring constantly (do not brown garlic). Brush uncooked pizza dough with garlic-oil mixture; sprinkle dough evenly with 3 ounces shredded fontina cheese (about 3/4 cup) and 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper, leaving a 1/2-inch border. Bake at 450° for 4 minutes or until cheese melts. Carefully remove partially cooked crust from oven; arrange chicken on crust, leaving a 1/2-inch border. Bake an additional 5 minutes or until crust is golden and crisp. Place 1 1/2 cups arugula in a medium bowl; drizzle with 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil and 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice. Sprinkle with 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt. Toss. Arrange 1 ounce thinly sliced prosciutto evenly over pizza; top with arugula mixture. Slice pizza. Serve immediately. Serves 6 (serving size: 1 slice) Calories 307; Fat 12.9g (sat 3.9g); Sodium 624mg
- If you like Parmesan, try Three-Cheese Chicken Pizza: Prepare BBQ Chicken Pizza through step 3, omitting spice rub. Combine 1 ounce crumbled blue cheese and 1 tablespoon fat-free milk; spread mixture over uncooked pizza dough, leaving a 1/2-inch border. Top with chicken, 2 ounces shredded mozzarella, 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan, and 1/8 teaspoon salt. Bake at 450° for 12 minutes. Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon basil and 1 tablespoon chopped oregano. Serves 6 (serving size: 1 slice) Calories 270; Fat 7.3g (sat 3g); Sodium 599mg
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note