This is so much like California Pizza Kitchen's BBQ Chicken Pizza, but I think it's even better! My husband & I couldn't eat just one piece. Easy to make, too. One of my saved recipes.
BBQ Chicken Pizza
For better flavor and less sodium, we barbecued the chicken breasts before preparing the pizza. To save time, use 2 cups deli-roasted or frozen chopped cooked chicken. Combine with 1/3 cup barbecue sauce and microwave at HIGH 2 to 3 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Preheat oven to 350° and follow recipe as directed beginning with step 3.
More From Oxmoor House
- Calories: 267
- Fat: 5.8g
- Saturated fat: 2.6g
- Protein: 19.3g
- Carbohydrate: 32.7g
- Cholesterol: 33mg
- Iron: 1.8mg
- Sodium: 686mg
- Calories from fat: 20%
- Fiber: 0.6g
- Calcium: 247mg
- 3 (4-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 2/3 cup spicy barbecue sauce, divided
- 1 (16-ounce) Italian-cheese flavored pizza crust
- 1/3 cup slivered red onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 cup (4 ounces) preshredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Place chicken on an ungreased baking sheet; spoon 1/3 cup barbecue sauce over chicken. Bake at 350° for 40 minutes or until chicken is done. Cool; chop and set aside.
- Spread remaining 1/3 cup sauce evenly over pizza crust, leaving a 1-inch border. Top crust evenly with chicken and remaining ingredients.
- Bake at 350° for 15 to 20 minutes or until cheese melts. Cut into 8 slices.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note