Great.... I fix with quinoa
BBQ Beef Roast W/corn And Pepper Couscoush
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2-21/2 pound(s) boneless beef chuck pot roast
- 1 teaspoon(s) Chili powder
- 1 teaspoon(s) ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) Garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) Black pepper
- 1 can(s) diced tomatoes with garlic and onion, undrained
- 1/4 cup(s) packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoon(s) vinegar
- 2 tablespoon(s) Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon(s) quick-cooking tapioca, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) dry mustard
- 1. Trim fat from meat. In a small bowl stir together chili powder, cumin, garlic salt, and pepper. Sprinkle mixture evenly over meat; rub mixture in with your fingers. If necessary, cut meat to fit into a 3 1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker. Place meat in cooker.
- 2. In a medium bowl combine tomatoes, brown sugar, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, tapioca, and mustard. Pour over meat in cooker.
- 3. Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 10 to 11 hours or on high-heat setting for 5 to 5 1/2 hours.
- 4. Transfer roast to a cutting board, reserving cooking liquid. Cut meat into pieces.
- 5. Serve meat with Corn and Pepper Couscous. Drizzle cooking liquid over meat and pass the remaining. If desired, serve with lime wedges.
- Corn and Pepper Couscous
- 1 1/2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2/3 cup frozen whole kernel corn
- 1/3 cup chopped red sweet pepper
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh jalapeno chile pepper*
- 1 cup whole wheat couscous
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh cilantro
- 1. In a small saucepan combine broth, corn, sweet pepper, and jalapeno pepper. Bring to boiling. Stir in couscous; remove from heat. Cover and let stand for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork before serving. Sprinkle with cilantro.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Bethfrazier and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note