I substituted whole wheat penne for the pasta. The chicken was very tasty and flavorful. It was very yummy.
Bayou Pasta with Chicken
We love Chili's flavorful Southwestern fare. One of the most satisfying dishes is the spicy, creamy Cajun Chicken Pasta. Order a bowl tonight, or try our easy version at home.
More From Allyou
- Calories: 720
- Fat: 28g
- Saturated fat: 15g
- Protein: 45g
- Carbohydrate: 72g
- Fiber: 3g
- Cholesterol: 131mg
- Sodium: 640mg
- 12 ounces penne
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups half-and-half
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
- Salt and pepper
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Cajun spice blend
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper, optional
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 2 firm-ripe Roma tomatoes, cored and diced
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Cook penne according to package directions.
- Melt butter over medium heat. Add flour; stir for 1 minute. Add half-and-half; stir until thickened, 6 minutes. Remove from heat; add Parmesan, salt and pepper. Cover.
- Place chicken between 2 sheets of plastic wrap; pound with a rolling pin to 1/2-inch thickness. Rub Cajun spice and cayenne, if using, evenly over chicken. Warm oil in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook, turning once, until no longer pink in center, 6 to 8 minutes. Slice chicken.
- In a bowl, toss pasta with sauce. Top with chicken and tomatoes and serve.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note