- 12 ounces penne
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups half-and-half
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
- Salt and pepper
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Cajun spice blend
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper, optional
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 2 firm-ripe Roma tomatoes, cored and diced
- calories 720
- fat 28 g
- satfat 15 g
- protein 45 g
- carbohydrate 72 g
- fiber 3 g
- cholesterol 131 mg
- sodium 640 mg
How to Make It
Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Cook penne according to package directions.
Melt butter over medium heat. Add flour; stir for 1 minute. Add half-and-half; stir until thickened, 6 minutes. Remove from heat; add Parmesan, salt and pepper. Cover.
Place chicken between 2 sheets of plastic wrap; pound with a rolling pin to 1/2-inch thickness. Rub Cajun spice and cayenne, if using, evenly over chicken. Warm oil in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook, turning once, until no longer pink in center, 6 to 8 minutes. Slice chicken.
In a bowl, toss pasta with sauce. Top with chicken and tomatoes and serve.