Bayou Fish Fillets With Sweet-Hot Pecan Sauce
Photo: Beth Dreiling Hontzas; Styling: Rose Nguyen
Yield: Makes 6 servings
More From Southern Living
Fry: 3 Minutes
- 1 (6-oz.) package cornbread mix
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Creole seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 6 (6-oz.) cod or tilapia fillets
- Canola oil
- Sweet-Hot Pecan Sauce
- 1. Stir together cornbread mix and Creole seasoning until blended.
- 2. Sprinkle salt and pepper over fillets. Dredge fillets in cornbread mixture.
- 3. Pour oil to depth of 4 inches into a large Dutch oven; heat to 375°. Fry fillets, in batches, 1 to 1 1/2 minutes on each side or until golden. Drain on a wire rack over paper towels. Serve with Sweet-Hot Pecan Sauce.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used Martha White Buttermilk Cornbread Mix.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes