Baxter Road Chicken
Spicy Barbeque Recipe adapted and modified from the Barbados version in the "Barbeque Bible" by Steven Raichlen.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 whole(s) Chicken Quartered 3-4 lbs
- 4 clove(s) Garlic Cloves
- 1 bunch(es) scallions
- 1 stalk(s) celery
- 1 whole(s) bell peppers green
- 2 whole(s) jalapeno peppers
- 3 tablespoon(s) Italian parsley
- 2 teaspoon(s) Thyme
- 6 tablespoon(s) Lime Juice
- 2 tablespoon(s) Lite Soy Sauce
- 2 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- Rinse the chicken pieces under cold running water, then drain and blot dry with paper towels. Place in a large nonreactive bowl or baking dish and set aside while you prepare the marinade.
- Combine the garlic, shallots, chives, bell pepper, celery, chile, parsley, and thyme in a food processor and process to a smooth paste. Add 2 tablespoons lime juice, the soy sauce, and oil and process until blended and smooth. Taste for seasoning and add salt, pepper, and lime juice as needed; the mixture should be highly seasoned. Pour the mixture over the chicken in the bowl and turn the pieces to coat. Cover and let marinate, in the refrigerator, for 4 to 12 hours (the longer the better).
- Preheat the grill, using the two-tierred method.
- When ready to cook, oil the grill grate. Remove the chicken pieces from the bowl, reserving any marinade that has drained off. Arrange the pieces, skin side down, on the grate over the hotter section of the grill and cook as directed on page 246. Brush the pieces once or twice with the reserved marinade, but not during the last 5 minutes
- Transfer the chicken pieces to serving plates or a platter and serve.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Bobbyno3putts and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note