- 1 pound small okra, cleaned
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 1/2 cups fine, dry breadcrumbs
- 4 eggs, beaten
- Vegetable oil
- Combine okra and water to cover in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 5 minutes. Drain well.
- Sprinkle okra with salt and pepper. Roll each piece in breadcrumbs. Dip in egg; roll in breadcrumbs.
- Deep fry okra in hot oil (375°) until golden brown. Drain well on paper towels.
- Serving Suggestions: Batter- Fried Okra may be served with Dill Sauce, Horseradish Sauce, or Mustard Dip Sauce.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note