- 1 pound small okra, cleaned
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 1/2 cups fine, dry breadcrumbs
- 4 eggs, beaten
- Vegetable oil
- Combine okra and water to cover in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 5 minutes. Drain well.
- Sprinkle okra with salt and pepper. Roll each piece in breadcrumbs. Dip in egg; roll in breadcrumbs.
- Deep fry okra in hot oil (375°) until golden brown. Drain well on paper towels.
- Serving Suggestions: Batter- Fried Okra may be served with Dill Sauce, Horseradish Sauce, or Mustard Dip Sauce.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables