Batali's Tart Cherry Crumble
Community Recipe from
- 1 Pie Dough store bought
- 2 - 14 ounce(s) jars Tart Cherries in juice 1/2 cup liquid reserved
- 1 whole(s) lemon zest and juice
- 1/2 cup(s) sugar
- 1/3 cup(s) flour
- 1/3 cup(s) Quick-cooking oats
- 1/4 cup(s) Amaretti cookies
- 1 tablespoon(s) brown sugar
- 1 pinch(s) salt
- 4 tablespoon(s) cold butter cubed
- powdered sugar to garnish
- Greek Yogurt to serve
- Preheat oven to 375 F. Roll pie dough to 1/8-inch thickness on a lightly floured surface. Place dough into a pie dish and line with parchment and baking beans. Cook for 10 minutes then carefully remove baking beans and parchment and continue to bake for 7 to 8 more minutes or until bottom of crust is cooked and pale golden. remove from oven and set aside.
- Meanwhile, whisk together the cornstarch and reserved liquid in a large bowl. Add the cherries, lemon zest, lemon juice and sugar. Stir together then transfer to the prepared crust.
- Combine the crumble ingredients minus the butter in a food processor and pulse until cookie pieces are smaller than a pea. Add butter and pulse until butter is crumbled. Top cherries with the crumble and place pie into the oven for 30 to 35 minutes. Crumble topping should be a rich golden color.
- Remove and allow to cool to room temperature. Serve with powdered sugar and greek yogurt.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Marcsu and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Batali's Tart Cherry Crumble Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Desserts
More Recipes for Main Dishes